APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
The Plastics Data Challenge is a global innovation challenge that will source, support, and scale innovative solutions that address the leakage of plastic waste into the environment.
The challenge invites all innovators worldwide (including academic institutions, startups, companies, and data scientists) to submit their innovative data solutions that advance plastic waste management and the circular economy in South and Southeast Asia. Participants have the chance to win up to $10,000 USD, a trip to Singapore for a one-week Innovation Summit, technical support and the opportunity to pilot their innovation in the region! Applications close 13 March 2020.
For more information on the program, its structure and focus areas, please click the button above or view the Plastics Data Challenge Handbook.
Subscribe to receive updates on the challenge
- Click here to visit the application site
- Click the blue ‘Participate’ button on the right-hand side
- Set up your profile. Important: When creating your profile, please register as either a startup and/or other (2nd & 3rd checkbox options).
Complete the challenge entry form and submit a powerpoint in PDF format
A panel of judges from our Advisory Council will review the entries and select a shortlist of entries. The shortlisted innovators will then be interviewed by a jury and up to 10 innovations will be selected as semi-finalists.
Semifinalists will be selected on the following criteria:
- Relevance of challenge to focus areas and region (35%) : How well does your innovation address the listed key challenge areas in markets within South and Southeast Asia?
- Team background & capabilities (25%)
- Technical feasibility (25%): Has the innovation been tested and/or validated? Are the requirements of the innovation achievable? If so, are they achievable at a reasonable price?
- Potential to scale (15%): Is this solution able to be scaled/replicated in communities across the region?
Knowledge Partners & Mentors
Have sector expertise relevant to this challenge? Share your insights as a mentor.
Market the challenge to your network of innovators.
Contact us to request a media kit!
Join an exclusive committee of thought leaders that will shape the program and support the selection and scale of groundbreaking innovations.
Provide financial support to the program and/or the prizes for winning solutions.